Learning is an ornament in prosperity, a refuge in adversity, and a provision in old age.
Do you love adventures in learning?
How about creating, community, and using your talents to make a difference?
And trying to notice and kindle sparks of joy along your journey?
Whether exploring self-directed learning to unschool, homeschool, or recapture the joy of learning while navigating life’s ups and downs as an adult, don’t worry, you’re not alone!
A lot of us have misconceptions about learning.
So let’s take a look at some of these learning myths mixed up with schooling.
- Learning only counts if experts tell us what and when to learn or grades us or tests us.
- Learning is only about academic subjects.
- Learning only happens during limited times of days or years of your life.
Thank goodness they’re not true!
You can learn anytime, anywhere, and from anyone!
- Learning, like life, is not linear.
- Learning does not equal schooling.
- You are naturally wired to learn!
Are you awake at night wondering:
“What are my options? How do you choose? How do you start? Can I/they really learn enough?”
Take a breath, because you have so many options, you can learn and so can they.
And you can choose to embrace learning as a lifelong adventure.
Want to Work With Me?
I love to connect in person or online. I help people reframe challenges as opportunities for self-directed learning adventures. I offer a simple process, practical steps, and strategies to reclaim a love of learning at any age.
Would you like to talk about how we could work together?
Let’s talk. Send me an email at email@example.com.
Wishing you well on your learning adventures,
Talk and Workshop Attendees Say:
“Lisa was a captivating speaker at Girl Empire. She knew how to speak to a teen audience, how to capture their limited attention and how to leave them with that tingly feeling inside! Her talk was a mix of “aha” moments and action items to put theory to practice.” – Alex Ellison, Co founder Girl Empire, Dunce
“Lisa is lovely. and she is ordinary. With perhaps a vital insight many of us today are missing -how to see/hear/question what we keep accepting/assuming. Because she’s lived/embraced that space. of uncertainty.” – Monika Hardy redefineschool.com
Past Speaking Topics
- Self-directed Learning Journey: Ask, Try, Do, Smile
- Strategies for Self-directed Learning
- College, Gap Year or Career? Helping Your Child DECIDE within a Framework of Cooperation and Respect
- Choose to Create a Life YOU Love ( varied for audiences Teens, Adults, Seniors)
- Hacking Your Education (Teens)
- The ABC’s of Learning Beyond School, Start with the Letter T Because T is for Trust